Old versionsSee all
The New Power Commander V is loaded with tons of new features. It is compatible with 2009 and newer bike models. Below you will find some Power Commander V features.
* Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
* USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
* 2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
* Gear input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
* Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
* With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
* Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
* 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
* Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)
The Auto Tune kit monitors the fuel mixture (by installing the included Wide Band O2 sensor in the exhaust). It then sends this information to the Power Commander V and automatically corrects it while you ride. Each map that we offer has preset Air/Fuel ratio values included that we find to be the best overall settings. This lets you simply plug in the unit and let it do the work. For Harley Davidson models we ever monitor and adjust each cylinder individually for increased precision as on these models required fueling can vary significantly between the front and rear cylinder.
The Dynojet Quick Shifter (DQS) allows full throttle, clutch less shifting. This is done by momentarily cutting the fuel and or ignition, which unloads the transmission. During this time, the rider can shift up to the next gear without rolling off the throttle or using the clutch.